Friday, September 18, 2009

Crunchy Leaves...Fresh Apples.....Yummy Sweaters...It only means one thing-



Autumn is here!

When my daughter was 2 years old, she would pick apples at my parents home in Canada and was so proud that she could just grab from a tree and snack freely (I mean...how cool is that, if you think about it?). She would say, "I picka apple!", bite into it, drop it on the ground and move onto another one, announcing her find again and again.

Cutting the grass over the fallen apples, leaves a sweet sweet smell in the air, that is so pure and brings back such special memories of my childhood there. I would almost recommend you throwing your browning apples on your lawn and mowing over them, just so you can smell what I am talking about-lol--it is so fabulous!

So, take out your yummy sweaters, kids.....Autumn is here!


*Apple trees at my families house in Canada--the sweetest apples I have ever tasted in my life--they are pink inside!*

KAZA has been busy, lately. Mmmmm....that really does not even begin to explain, actually. KAZA has been "oh-my-gosh, my-head-is-spinning" busy, lately.

After the "Barnacles" event came to a close, it was very important to change the shop to Autumn as soon as possible. I was hanging onto summer with my toenails, not wanting to let it go! But then I remembered all the things I love about Autumn and couldn't resist bringing in some Autumn Splendor.



In this section, we wanted an Equestrian Country Club sort of palette for the coming chillier season and went with various shades of Grey and Browns with a rich evergreen as the accent colour. That chair is a recently reupholstered piece with rich Italian leather (down-filled cushion) and gorgeous Pierre Frey mohair chenille--it is exquisite!



I love this cabinet(that darker grey is so gorgeous). We filled it with old apothecary bottles, vintage ceramic birds, David Melnick's fabulous artwork, natural birch tree candle holders and folded books (an old technique from Lyon, France).




The folded books up close (above and below pictures)



Yeah, well...the shop change was about only 10% of the busy head-spinning-the other 90% was "Project Laundry List". I will say, first....Designers Aimee Leduc of Lavender and Lotus Interior Design and Cyndi Rogers of Mariposa Designs are unbelievably professional, creative and FAST! We have worked all week to create 5 window displays for downtown Concord, NH shops and businesses, for a window competition for Project Laundry List. Project Laundry List is a Nationwide Campaign to encourage air drying your clothes, rather than use the dryer machine.





The windows we worked on were:

Caffenios: "Tea shirt" (t-shirt with 150 tea bags sewn onto it) and coffee filter garland (yes...more coffee filters leftover from "barnacles"-lol)

Gibson's Bookstore: Fabulous Folded old books, strung from the windows (how long does it take for fingerprints to grow back?)

Concord Camera: Photographs and memories of clotheslines (example below), old picture slide lights, photo negative curly garland--all done in an achromatic colour palette with a pop of red! So fabulous!




Bagel Works: Ok....this is amazing and maybe I am slower than molasses to even learn about this incredibly talented woman. Kathy (the incredibly talented woman) takes a plastic bag...from grocery stores and weaves them into these beautiful recyclable bags! I asked her to bring her pieces here to sell---you will love them!





Gondwana: Rundlett Middle School's Art Class submitted these really cool shirts cut out of brown paper with a colourful bug and wrote about what "bugs" them eco-wise. VERY cool, funny and artistic! The designers also contributed to the display adding Flags from Fairtrading countries to emphasis Gondwana's Fair Trade Practices. **Also incredibly important to us, here, at KAZA!

If you get a chance, check out all the clotheslines, this weekend (the winner will be announced on Monday).

Designer Info:

Aimee Leduc: www.lavenderlotusdesign.com
Cyndi Rogers: mariposadesigns@comcast.net






KAZA is on Facebook--Become a fan and receive a free slice of Earthway Soap Sept and Oct 2009! ** Pls Let me know you have joined when you come in--I owe a few people some soap! **

0 comments: