Friday, August 13, 2010

Guten Tag!

Guten Tag, again, Faithful KAZA subscribers!

We have done alot of walking around today and were able to see some cool museums (Bauhaus Museum is only 3 minutes away and the AM Horn is just a short 15 minute walk!). The thing that I love about the Bauhaus movement is the innovative spirit these people had. Nothing around them could influence this futuristic vision--yet, somehow they were inspired; creating pieces, buildings, etc that would be considered futuristic in this day and age.



I have spent much of my time taking pictures of old front doors--which I am thinking will be for a series of cards. The colours and details are amazing!


A preview!

I also found the most amazing light pendant in a boutique. I took it from the front door and thought the woman was going to throw a shoe at me-lol




Do you hear the "Alleluia" Choir? This thing is fabulous and ginormous!




And there are alot of antique shops. I have not found anything amazing yet though, honestly. Sometimes, everything looks the same, do you know what I mean? I am looking for something REALLY cool!




Like this street vendor that I mistook for a piece of art! I would like him as a KAZA window display, eh?

David also took in a few sites today!





Ah....breakfast?



And of course, we had to try the pretzels!



When we went to the bakery (same bakery from yesterday's strudel), I heard someone talking in German and turned to see who it was. It was my daughter ordering the pretzels in German and answering the womans questions....in German! It did not take her long to figure out how to communicate. I am still pointing and grunting, trying to get my point across and she is out there yackin' away!

I am an old dawg, I guess.....

Bahhh! I've got her in France!

Until next time--

Ciao Bella(s)!
xox

0 comments: